Archer Family

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Peonies!!!

So, I came home yesterday from the library and fabric store and pulled into the driveway and what did I see in my yard in FULL BLOOM, my PEONIES!! I have been waiting for them all winter to see these beauties open. I screamed when I saw them and scared Grace and Russell ( the little guy I was babysitting) to death, they looked at me like I was a crazy women. I am a crazy women when it comes to flowers!!!

When TJ and I built are house almost 4 years ago are yard was full of weeds that came up to my hip. There was so much work to be done, and looked so bare and so ugly. So we have been working like mad to get tress, brushes and of course flowers to make it look like home. This winter I made our spare bedroom into a green house to start seeds. I watched those seeds grow so slow this winter, so to see my flowers ( shown above)bloom this year is a miracle!!! Grace loves to pick them and put them in her pool, I guess I am getting what I deserve because I did the same thing to my mother, picked all her flowers.

4 comments:

dayna said...

pretty pretty pretty...again something i long for when we "settle". my plants in pots have done horribly in the dry heat here. i am hoping for a better season next year i guess. i LOVE peonies!

Whitney B. Balls said...

you know that peonies hold a special place in my heart thank you for the pictures, so great and beautiful.

L. Smith said...

They are beautiful! Wish i was your neighbor! It's so funny to hear your daughter is picking them....so Cami!

Nells-Bells said...

LOVE peonies! so pretty. with finally being homeowners, we are learning quick how much work a yard takes. we are hoping to be better prepared next year in making it look more lively and homey.