Archer Family

Friday, June 19, 2009

Grace's New Play House

Well, Graces birthday came a few months early this year, but I couldn't wait. Grace even earned part of the money for the playhouse by helping with babysitting. T.J. had some apprehensions about having a plastic playhouse but he changed his mind after he put it together. He likes it even more since Grace and I have put in our personal touches. One day Tj will build her a playhouse that has his touch, hopefully my dad can come out to help build it with him( we will pay for your plane ticket).

We love starting our own traditions, but there are some traditions that have such a special place from my own childhood that I wanted to carry it on. When my dad built us our playhouse when we came home he had beautiful purple flowers in a window box. It carried with it memories thick with summers outside, using our imagination, picking raspberries from the garden and making pies in our easy bake oven. The smell of raspberries would fill the playhouse. Making Whitney enter the second floor by ladder so she wouldn't disturb my first floor area... Grace will have her own memories and experiences but I wanted this part to be something we share.Every time I smell the beautiful fragrance from the violets it brings back wonderful memories playing in my playhouse as a girl.

Gordo isn't a dumb dog. He's just more of a pug-nosed cat than a real dog. He's figured out the only way into the playhouse is by ringing the doorbell. Grace just can't resist the allure of the doorbell, even knowing that if she opens the door there will be no end to his demands.


The first night of getting her playhouse we had dinner in it, my favorite picture is of Gordo peering through the window wanting something to eat. Every time Gordo comes in the playhouse he heads to one of the chairs to sit on, I realy think he is a human!!I have loved watching Grace and her imagination go wild. I made her pillows, curtains, art work and put up window boxes to make it feel like home.



Gordo is the unwelcome Barney Rubble of the playhouse. He's always there thinking his jokes are funny and trying to scam some tea party treats. We're thinking about putting up a fence...




6 comments:

Mindy said...

Cami, it turned out so adorable! I love it!

The Bryger Family said...

You are such an amazing mom, curtains, chairs, decorations.... what great memories Grace will have in that play house!!!!

Kasey

Whitney B. Balls said...

we all are huddled around the computer, enjoying the cute pictures. We all laughed at Gordo. We all feel like Gordo peering in the windows wanting to come for high tea. We love you all.
Mom,Dad,Jackson,Jason and Whit
p.s...sisters are fun to play with so get going on getting Gracie one so that she can have the experience of sending her little sister upstairs.

dayna said...

oh i love that you turned that plain plastic house into such a cute and cozy playhouse for grace. it looks great! what a good idea--i am tucking that one in my brain for later. it looks so beautiful, and gordo just cracks me up!

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

CAMI! I am going to send you a little flight itinerary to Montrose Co so you can redo my entire house. I wish my house looked as good as Gracie's playhouse! I also wanted to die when I saw how flippen cute her room is! Seriously you are a decorating genius! I had to call my sister and tell her to get on your site to look at how brilliant you are!

Christie said...

I didn't even look inside when I was rescuing Brady from the roof yesterday. I can't believe I didn't notice how adorable it is. You are so talented.