Grace has been watching the classic movie Mary Poppins and has been going around the house singing " lets go fly a kite" song. So Saturday afternoon we went to the Great Salt Lake which is only eight minutes from our house to fly a kite. We always drive by the lake and see the white sail boats on the blue lake, it's really a great site to see. So we decided to venture over to the lake and fly a kite and paint the sail boats that went by and the landscape. 
Here is Grace painting a master piece, I framed her painting and hung it up with the rest of her paintings going down the stairs to our family room. This is probably one on my favorite things to put on my walls, Gracie's artwork.

This week we are learning about sailboats and painting . So we went to the library and spent three hours in the Salt Lake City library, we came home with thirty five books filling our four bags. There were so many books to choose from we just had to take them all home with us. Library for Grace is like a garden center for me, we go crazy.
It was a great day, even Tj did a little painting. I need alot more practice with oil painting. I need my talented Granny to help me paint, she is an amazing painter and artist. Hopefully I will take more painting classes this fall or get a plane ticket to Florida to get lessons from Granny. Mom and Dad thanks so much for the paint set that you gave me, I love it. Dad, I have your old palette from school that I use and think of you ever time I use it.


6 comments:
Remember how I said I am just going to take notes of everything you do so if I ever get married and have kids I can do EXACTLY what you do? Not.lying. So going to do it. But I must repeat, I am interested in knowing how you store stuff. :) P.s. Grace is adorable. And I loooove the flower head band in your hair! You are too cute!!
You never cease to amaze me. Gracie is a very lucky kid to have such a creative and fun mommy. I hope I can be even half as fun as you are.
Wow Cami! That looked like so much fun. We really need to get together sometime because I'm at home most of the day now and I'd love to see you guys.
mom and I oh and awed over your pictures. We especially loved the one with you a Grace on the rock. You look real good sister!
oh and we thought TJ looked good too!
P.S your hair is getting long are you growing it out?
You guys are the cutest parents ever! I love reading your blog and seeing what's you've been up to! Gracie is getting so cute!
Post a Comment