Archer Family

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Our Sweet Gordo


We lost our sweet Gordo this Wednesday, we had to put him down. I can't talk about it because the pain is too great but I thought putting this picture mosaic and pay tribute to him, hope will help us heal. We buried him in our back yard under the Holly Hocks where Gordo loved to play. TJ made a beautiful wood casket for him, so every time we are out playing with our kids in the backyard Gordo will always be with us.

Dear Gordo,

Words can't express how much we are going to miss you, you have been our little companion for six years. I will miss you following me around the house all day, miss you waiting for us to return home at the door. We will miss you at our tea parties and even miss you stealing our cupcakes from the tea party. We will miss your sweet happy smile, running around the yard and playing with us in the playhouse. Especially ringing the playhouse door bell with your paws to be let in, and barking a begging to come and eat our lunch in the playhouse. I will miss you climbing up on my lap while we watch a movie,climbing up on a chair for dinner when we ate outside. I will miss you going to the park to slide down the slides with us and running and chasing butterflies. Tears come to my eyes when I think of the memories with you and not always having you by my side. I know you are running around in heaven playing with your cousins Yoda and Oscar. I know you are running in green fields, chasing butterflies, sleeping in the sun and out of pain. Thank you Gordo for making our life sweet and full of happiness. May God be with you until I get to hold and kiss your velvet ears again. I am so grateful we celebrated each day with you being our dog, we never know when we are called home. We love you Gordo more than we can say.

Love,
Your Family

9 comments:

The Bryger Family said...

Oh Archer family! I am so sorry to hear that! I remember that first Sunday seeing you and Tj play with baby Gordo out on Center street. Your in my thoughts.

Kasey

Joni said...

Hugs and love sent your way.

missy said...

so sorry to hear this. I started to cry when Tim told me about it yesterday. It's such an awful thing to go through. hugs from the Kofoeds.

Whitney B. Balls said...

What a sweet tribute. He was the sweetest dog. All of those picture he looked so dang happy. You gave him a great life. Love you guys.

Mindy said...

Oh, Cami. I am so sorry. I know how much you loved Gordo and how much he loved you and your family. Lots of love!

Amber said...

I am so sorry for your loss. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers.

Christie said...

Oh Cami!!!! I am so sorry. I know how much he ment to you and your family.

L. Smith said...

I'm so sad for you! I loved seeing him in all your posts...he was part of your family in every way. Miss you Gordo!

Nellie said...

Oh sweet gordo, i'm sorry for your loss. I love that he always wanted to be in the tea parties!