Archer Family

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Peaches, Peaches and more Peaches

Last week was full of canning salsa, tomatoes, raspberry jam, corn and a ton of peaches. I am so exhausted, I even dreamed of canning peaches in my sleep. Thanks Tiffanie and Lisa for going and getting all the peaches. It was a great sight to see Tiffanie's truck loaded down with the peaches that all the ladies in the neighborhood ordered. So I am taking a break from canning for a while. Grace is happy for a break too. She came out of her room and came into the kitchen while I was cleaning up and asked if I was canning today, I replied no not today. She ran back to her room with a huge smile returned with three books to read to her( I have neglected her).
I wore my favorite apron made by my sister Whitney and used my Mom's canner and her old jars. So I felt closer to my sis and my mom while I was canning. This was the first year canning alone without family helping, I miss them like crazy this time of year. However I had Grace at my side helping me fill the jars with peaches, mostly eating them.

2 comments:

Whitney B. Balls said...

You are a canning fool. Just think how much joy opening all your canned jars during the winter will be. There is nothing like it. How fun.

Nells-Bells said...

we did this last week too...though i had help! you are awesome for doing it all. it is totally worth it to pull some of those peaches out, in the middle of january, and enjoy!!