A few of my favorite things in the Fall:Pumpkins patches, changing leafs, Black Eyed Susan flowers, glowing pumkins, homemade soup and bread. Decorating for fall, mostly for Halloween, Martha Stewart's Halloween special issue. Halloween candy in glass jars, caramel apples, wearing scarfs, fun tights with knee high boots. Cold crisp fall air, planting bulbs for the spring, making fall crafts and art projects with Grace, reading children's halloween and fall books, fall festivals, little trick or treaters knocking on my door just to name a few.
Today in honor of the first day of Autumn we planted mums, cabbages, wire grass and orange pansies in our yard and planters. We got out our fall decorations and decked out the house. Went to Target and got Grace's fall clothes which she has no pants, shoes, or socks that fit any more.
Just outside our kitchen window we had a ton of sunflowers that grew like crazy. For three weeks now four birds come and sat on our sunflowers and ate the seeds, Grace watched from the window. She stood there so quiet and just stared. Sometimes she talked to the birds that were eating, it was a great sight to see the birds come so close to the window to enjoy them. Well the sunflowers were getting so big and heavy so I took them down. While I was cleaning up the mess, I heard a crazy noise coming from my neighbors roof. I looked up and saw the four birds looking down and me like they were confused and saying to me where are the sunflowers, they seemed very mad by the noise. It broke my heart, I took their food away. I tried to say I am sorry but they all flew away!! So each year I will have sunflowers that will grow for my bird friends.
3 comments:
Look how cute your porch is!! P.s. Fall also means CROSS COUNTRY season! :)
We need to come check out your digs. They're beautiful on line but I'll bet they're magnificent in person.
Oh poor little birds. I bet they became quite the fun thing for you and Grace to see everyday. I know Jack looks forward to when I water the plants to see our resident frogs. I love the cabbages with the pumpkins and mums. Yes very nice indeed. I also realized this was the first fall that we have not gone fall clothes shopping for the kids together. Those trips to Target for clothing. All the choices for you and the one or two shelves of boy clothes for Jack and I to choose from. Oh the memories. Love you!
Post a Comment