Archer Family

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Our Summer Project

This year for my Birthday I asked for a pergola in our backyard and three sweet men came and built it for me in ONE DAY!!. But painting it took ALL SUMMER!!!Those three men were Big Joe( my father- in- law), Joby ( my Brother- in -law) and my sweetie TJ.


Last night I was coming home from a home staging appointment and picked up some yummy cinnamon rolls and picked sunflowers on the side of the road for a little romantic time with TJ under the pergola. TJ was putting Grace to bed so I went out side to set the mood with lighting the candle's and turning on the white lights above. It was a perfect cool evening, I am going to live out there in the fall!!

I made the curtains to block the hot west sun in the afternoons, and made all the pillows and made a chandelier out of our old pot rack. I found a great deal on a porch swing and painted it green. Here are the men hard at work, it rained all day!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for coming and taking the time off and building this beauty. I love you Big Joe, Joby and TJ!!!

We sure got messy with mud, paint, sweat and a little blood to finish our summer project.We still need to do the floor but we are now making it our fall project!! Notice the picture of TJ he is having so much fun painting in the HOT SUN!!

8 comments:

Whitney B. Balls said...

simply put I want to be there! So enchanting! You guys did an awesome job.

Katie said...

what can I say you are AMAZING!!!! Can you come make my house fun??

amelia and crew said...

Oh my goodness! It's so beautiful. I can't wait to come see it

Alicia said...

that turned out sooo nice! I love the curtains that you hung...what are they made of? Super duper nice!!

L. Smith said...

How amazing! It;s so cozy and inviting! I'm way impressed!

missy said...

you are so talented! looks beautiful!

The Funky Bunch said...

It looks simply amazing. Wow...what a beautiful place! A nice little getaway right in your own back yard. You totally need to come decorate my house...you're hired girl!!

Nells-Bells said...

so i think i will be living out in your pergola in the fall too. :) beautiful and enchanting! i love it and i love how you put it all together with the colors and the cool chandelier. you are so talented!!!