Archer Family

Friday, July 31, 2009

Grace's Farmer's Market

Today I was out picking tomatoes and basil from our garden to make bruschetta with our dinner tonight. Grace decided to help pick cucumbers, green peppers and carrots. Picking all the veggies reminded me of when I was a little girl on summer days. My sister's and I would pick tomatoes, carrots and peas to make stew in our playhouse. We would pick raspberries to make pies in our easy bake oven and the whole playhouse would smell like heaven.
We spent hours picking out produce from our garden and my mom flowers to put out for our pretend market and taking turns being the customer or the worker. So carrying on that tradition I set up a market for Grace today, I mostly pretended to be the customer most of the morning, Grace wanted to work the cash registrar and tell me want to buy( a very bossy worker).


Grace had a purse full of fake money to buy her produce( thanks to great Grandad and Grandma for sending it to her)

No comments: