Archer Family

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Our Memorial Day

We started the morning out picking flowers from our yard to make bouquets to place on our loved one's grave sites in Logan and Wellsville. We made one for my grandparents, one for Grandma Dewitt( TJ's grandmother) and one for TJ's mom Bonny. Grace's middle name we named after her, so we can keep her very close to us. I have never meant Bonny but I can't wait to meet her in the next life, I know she is  amazing women because she raised such a amazing son. I can't wait to thank her for that. TJ has her blue eyes and alot of other things that I love about him came from her. That day is going to be very special for me when I get to meet her.




We stopped at Pop's and Grandma to feed and ride the horses.













My parents sold this house about 8 years ago and moved to Florida. This was the house I was born and raised and my parents restored and put all their sweat and literally blood into this house. What a beauty it was and I very lucky to grow up here. But it has been years since I could go by and see it, it was too hard. But this trip to Logan I wanted more than anything for Grace to see my playhouse that my dad build for us kids. It had electricity, running water, three floors,  and a phone. The house was realy run down and the yard and playhouse were not kept up very well but it was wonderful to see Grace in my playhouse. I have always dreamed of this to have my daughter see it. But the lady that just started living their was very kind and didn't think I was a crazy lady when I asked her to see the playhouse. I felt like I couldn't breath and balded when I got to the car because my parents were everyone and I miss them and the life we had there. But I am also grateful for the new life with them in Florida to have my kids have many wondeful memoires there just like on Center Street in Logan. Here are some pictures of the playhouse and Grace.






















Our Memorial Day dinner( notice the little boy that has his eye on the corn. 









This boy loves his corn.




I made a raspberry pie to finish off the day.

No comments: