
This month has been insane, I decorated a model home for the Parade of homes that is in Daybreak. I have been working on this home for about two months, doing
color boards, shopping and making pillows and drapes. Yes, I am crazy! A eight month pregnant lady should not
designing a four thousand square foot home. I
really couldn't have done it
without my
design assistants, they were heaven sent.
You never know what a impact you
have on your children until one day when I was working on a
collage of pictures. I had them laying on the floor to figure out the layout of the frames and see how they would look on the wall. Grace came up to me and stood there, turned her head and told me that all my proportions were wrong and try again. I was in shock, what am I teaching my child, and what in the world is a three year old talking about proportions. She is
definitely my little
design assistant. Always
carrying her note book, pen and
measuring everything with her
measuring tape telling me what looks good and what I need to do next. I think I have ruined my child!!!

The man in this picture hanging the drapes has been the sweetest husband ever. I
really don't think
alot of husbands would spend SIX hours with his wife in
IKEA, spending hours putting
furniture together, making headboards out of old doors, painting bird cages for one of the girls rooms, helping with his
wife's design invoices, new business cards, loading a truck FULL of accessories, dealing with his
wife's break downs, working late for three days
straight after
working all day. He is the
sweetest hubby, we are all
relieved that the model
home is finally done. The whole time
TJ made me
laugh with his comments on being a design assistant here are some of his thoughts. I had to post them they make me
laugh!
Thoughts on being a design assistant:
1. Looking good in a sweater vest isn't a good trade off for hanging curtain rods.
2. The Swedish translation for hell is IKEA.
3. I am now a master of IKEA furniture. Now where are the gas and matches?
4. IKEA is a wicked mix between a casino and super mario brothers. No windows, no clocks, no sense of how much time you've spent, but with secret passageways to shortcuts to make you feel like you are closer to the finish.
5. My wife at 8 months pregnant complains less than me.
Griffin my brother- in - law helping putting all the
furniture, which took all day. Thanks a million
Griffin!! You were have become a master in building dressors!! Thanks for taking your whole Saturday off to help me, we would still be putting together furniture. And thanks so much Aunt Kate for
entertaining Grace at home while we worked ,she loved her time with you.

My
sweet friend Krystal took the whole day from her family to come and help, she was so great. I was feeling sick and stressed out that day, she has such a great eye for design to help me. I can't thank you enough Krystal for being so sweet to me!!

And look at this
beautiful painting Krystal painted for the girls room for the home, she is one talented artist. It looks perfect in the room.

Here is some pictures of the house, I had to be very creative with the tight budget I had
to
decorate the home. More pictures to come.

Here is a
little glimpse of the
accessories and the rooms in the model home, soon I will have a design blog to show my work.
TJ keeps bugging me to get it up to show all my design work in the past, but this might be awhile until I do, BABY IS COMING!!
6 comments:
It looks amazing! You are amazing! Oh the stories you can tell Cooper about the days before his birth..literally days before designing a house! Just thinking about it all makes me tired. And you have not ruined Grace at all, she is just a little Cami (that's a very good thing)
Cami- you are amazing. It all looks so great! I really like your little nursery too. Good luck with the upcoming arrival of little Cooper. He is one lucky boy. And for the record, I think Grace is one lucky little lady. You are helping give her the gift of a creative mind and creativity adds so much zest to life.
you are so talented! the house is gorgeous, as is everything you do!
I know I have told you more than once, but I have to say it again...You are AMAZING! I still need the address so I can go see the real thing. It looks perfect. I can't wait to see it in person.
That is so great! I love the quote from Grace too. So funny! Who is the builder? I want to go see the house.
Wow wow! I love seeing your work. You are, and always have been, so talented with design. I love that you are doing what you love and you are making everything you interact with beautiful. I can't wait to see your website come online! I especially love the bright colors you chose for the kids rooms, the cool fabric on the pillows, and the blue wainscoting in cooper's room. Very cool! Good luck with your new baby! Wish I could see you!
Post a Comment