Archer Family

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving Week

We are getting ready for Thanksgiving at our house this week. Grace and I have been learning about the Pilgrims and Indians, making Thanksgiving crafts, decorating the house, and making Thanksgiving goodies. Here are a few of our creations.
I made a Mayflower ship for the occasion and filled it with paper leafs that I cut out. We all wrote on the leafs what we are thankful for this year, and read a few each night at dinner. For me this was so wonderful to take the time to write down the many blessings that I have in my life. I am very, very thankful for all the many wonderful things the Lord had blessed me with, and will try each day to live my life a little better than before.
Mr. Gordo being a turkey for the day. I think he secretly loved it, look at his face!


2 comments:

Whitney B. Balls said...

All wonderful creative things. Your give thanks banner turned out so darling, better than the one in the catalog. Way to go. Think of all the money you saved. Cute Pilgrim and that turkey it must be a rare breed. Way to cute to eat though.

Nellie said...

Gracie is so lucky to have you as a mom! You always have fun things to do and are so creative. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!