Archer Family

Saturday, April 25, 2009

5 K Fun Run

Last Saturday TJ, Grace and I went to Logan to run in the Second Chance 5k fun run. The Race was for organ donation awareness, it was a great turn out. Whitney was the poster child which had her story of her battle with cancer and receiving Jake's stem cells on all the brochure and posters. This race was wonderful and brought tears to my eyes that all these runners were running for there loved ones that received a donor for them or who was a donor for someone. Among the runners were all of Jason's family, Katie Archer and my family. Whitney and I pushed Jack and Grace in the stroller. Whitney was helping with the race writing down times, getting everyone with there T- shirts, after the race she got the chance to speck to the runners and expressed how grateful she was to her sweet donor are brother Jake.Which I am so grateful to him of what he did for Whitney and it wasn't for him she won't be here today.









2 comments:

Mauri said...

This is awesome! I am so glad you could run for your sister and all others out there who are in need of organ donations...Running for a cause makes it so much more meaningful! Rick and I are running a marathon next weekend representing a Cystic Fibrosis foundation started in memory of our sister-in-law's little sister...Through all the hard training, just thinking about the fact that it isn't about me...really inspires me to push through. You guys have an awesome family!!!

Mindy said...

Whitney Brenchley! Woman! You are sure in trouble! You didn't tell me you were the highlight!!! I am sooo upset! I just didn't want to run the race, but had I know it was about Y-O-U I wouldn't have missed it for the world. You just might get on the kick list for this one!