Even though T.J. told me tea parties weren't for little boys I set a little place for Cooper to sit and enjoy a sophisticated afternoon to discuss our favorite books. Not really, but I did think that he'd at least sit down long enough to eat a cupcake. And that's how it started...
So, maybe tea parties aren't for boys-especially when they are only one. Notice Cooper's place at the table at the photo above. He downed the first (of many) cupcakes quicker than expected. Next he was at Grace's side for a better vantage of her cupcake and hot cocoa. Still thinking it was a cute family moment I took the picture below.
I should've known things were spiraling out of control when he ran back to position number 1 to destroy the roses. When I say destroy I actually mean dip into the cocoa and start eating them.
Shortly thereafter it turned into a mixture of a professional wrestling match and guerrilla warefare. For a chunky little boy he's suprisingly agile. Before I knew it he had climbed on top of the table grabbing cupcakes and kicking over hot cocoa all the while Grace is screaming, "He's ruining it! He's ruining our tea party!" I think cupcakes turn him into a one year old version of the incredible Hulk. I might've heard him yell, "Coop smash!" I don't remember much. There was a lot of yelling and cocoa and broken tea cups. In the end there was a VERY satisfied little boy, a very crestfallen little girl, and a piece of our carpet we may never get back.
We miss our puppy and Cooper honored him in the right way: crashing a tea party to get his share. Rest in peace little Gordo.

No comments:
Post a Comment