It has been two years ago today when my sister Whitney received her 2nd bone marrow transplant.I will always remember that day very clear in my mind. Whitney received that most precious gift given by our sweet brother Jake his stem cells. We have seen many miracles along the way through Whitney's treatments with cancer. Today we celebrated with thankful hearts and a lot of tears that we can celebrate her 2nd birthday with us. Happy 2nd Birthday Whit!! We love you !!! We wish we could be their in person to give you a big hug, but a week and half I will!!
I wanted to post this pictures that was taken two years ago with Whit and Jake holding his cells in a small bag. Jake gave his stem cells a pep talk to go inside Whit's body and attach and work their magic. And that is just what they did.

Whit's support group waiting for her bone marrow transplant to begin.

To me this was an absolute miracle to see this machine removing his stem cells from Jake, it took all day and it was amazing. It was great to be by his side and cheer him on. We can't thank Jake enough for what he did that day, for that 's what family does he says.Whitney you are my ultimate example of courage, strength and patience. We all the many chemo, radiation treatments and two bone marrow transplants you deserve the world, I only wish I could give it to you. It was a privilege to take care of you in our house for that year and half, you are truly an example of courage. I love you Whitney !!We have a lot to be thankful for this year that we have our Whitney with us and words can't express our gratitude to our Savior which poured out his blessings upon our little family.
3 comments:
this brings tears to my eyes. your sweet family is so special! i just spent a minute getting caught up on your blog and it made me just love and admire you more. you are amazing, cami! i miss you! i hope all is well and i wish your family the very best. so so great that you get to be all together in FL!
That is the sweetest post thank you. I think that I should also have a post all about you and your family. Thanking you for all that you have done for me. I got to this point due largely to you and your sweet family. Really you made things so much easier. We can't wait to see you guys and for you all to meet Buttercup. I think Gracie will fall in love.
Your sister is so cute, you guys look so much alike. Relationships with sisters are so precious. I'm so glad that she is still here on earth with your family.
Post a Comment